WAF’s Five for Friday – a full life at half the price, ecofabulous fashions, healthy hounds…
Five fabulous finds we think you’ll like
1. Why live life at full price? With Half Off Depot, you don’t have to. Half Off Depot is similar to Groupon, in that you can sign up to receive daily email alerts for deals within your city. But unlike Groupon, Half Off’s deals don’t expire at the the end of the day. One of this week’s Atlanta Deals is a $45 McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant certificate for $20. Sign up and start saving today!
2. Who says you can’t be fabulous and environmentally conscious? Ecofabulous’ tag line is Sexy.Sustainable.Style. Spend a few minutes on their site and you’ll see why. Ecofabulous works with expert editors and designers to educate readers about eco-friendly, fashion forward products. It’s your online portal for environmentally conscious beauty, fashion and lifestyle products.
3. It’s your 40th birthday! How about a freebie? Mainstreet.com has a list of the best birthday freebies. While many of them are aimed at kids, Firehouse Subs birthday club has a free sub offer during your birth month, Aveda Skin Care’s birthday program offers a free Caribbean Therapy Body Creme’ sample with purchase, and a few golf courses across the country even let you tee up for free on your birthday. View the complete freebie list here.
4. What’s on sale when – Yahoo’s got a great list, courtesy of Consumer Reports, of the best time of the year to buy just about anything. March is the month that many consumer electronics and TVs go on sale, and look forward to getting great deals on computers in April. Other tips that can’t easily be arranged by month – Airline tickets tend to be least expensive to buy on Tuesday afternoon through Thursday but most expensive on the weekend.
5. Good food for man’s – and woman’s – best friend – With all the recent talk we’ve done about making better food choices for ourselves, we’d be remiss if we neglected our four legged friends. One look at the ingredient listing in your average dog food and you’ll find things like artificial color (do dogs even care what color their food is?) and meat by-products, which actually contain no meat at all, but are the parts of animals that are left over after the meat has been stripped away from the bone. So when a friend told us about Intown Healthy Hound & City-Kitty (cute right?) we stopped by for a visit. The retail location is a member of a national network that carries and provides free home delivery of Pet Chef Express pet food. Pet Chef Express foods are made with human grade ingredients and contain no chemical preservatives or fillers. Visit Pet Chef Express for more information and a location near you.