Five for Friday: The Earth Day 2012 Edition and an Envirosax Giveaway
On Sunday, April 22nd., Earth Day turns 42, and there’s no better way to celebrate than to incorporate some easy, affordable eco practices into our daily lives. This week’s Five for Friday shares a few simple ways, products, and organizations that can help you do just that. (Image: Envirosax resizable tote you might win!*)
1. The Earth Day website is chock full of information on how you can get involved in local Earth Day events. From faith based initiatives to Athletes and Arts for the Earth, you’re sure to find a wide range of activities and projects that will resonate with you and your family.
2. If you’re a fashion fanatic with an earth friendly focus, then Fashioning Change is right up your alley. Fashioning Change says it’s “dedicated to creating shopping experiences that give you fashionable eco-friendly and ethical alternatives to popular name brands.” In other words, Fashioning Change believes that being fashion forward and eco-friendly aren’t mutually exclusive.
3. EcoFirms.org is a green and non-profit project that originated in 2005. Their mission is to connect all eco friendly companies and organizations in the world and share their products and services with the site’s visitors. EcoFirms list companies that support eco-tourism, locally sourced food and dining, and eco-trade, just to name a few.
4. Over on her blog Green & Gorgeous, Jennae Petersen describes herself as “a recovering shopaholic who loves Starbucks’ Java Chip Frappucino ice cream.” A green living expert and an authority on eco-friendly decorating, Jennae shares great eco-friendly design ideas, green-living tips and much more on her Green & Gorgeous website.
5. Since 2004, Envirosax has provided eco-friendly alternatives to traditional plastic bags. Plastic bags clog drains, cause flooding, pollute waterways and destroy plantlife. In contrast, Envirosax bags are environmentally friendly, lightweight, portable, waterproof and hold the equivalent of two supermarket plastic bags. My favorite part about my Envirosax bag is that it rolls up neatly and fits inside even the smallest handbag so there’s never a reason to be without one.
I’m such a fan of these bags and of my readers, I’m giving two away to two lucky readers! All you have to do to enter to win one is leave a comment in the comment section below or on the Facebook page describing how you are, or plan on, incorporating eco-friendly practices in your life.*
*Winner will be chosen randomly by drawing. One winner per household. Bag pictured is not necessarily the design that will be awarded.*