Yesterday I shared the first half of my 40 things I’m thankful for list – Here’s part 2…
21. The book “Streams in the Desert” by L.B. Cowman, for greeting me each morning with words to live by.
22. My $300 Laptop that, despite receiving frequent physical and verbal abuse from me, has gotten me through almost 2 years of writing and blogging.
23. Television – my guilty pleasure. Over the years it’s been Sesame Street, The Cosby Show, A Different World, Fantasy Island (you know you used to watch it too) and more recently it’s Glee, LOST and anything on PBS.
24. NPR – TV for my ears.
25. Craig Ferguson – for being the first person each morning to make me laugh even on the days I felt like crying.
26. Tim Ferris’ book, The 4-hour work week – for revolutionizing the way I approach work and retirement.
27. The seafood nachos at California Dreaming – for being the best seafood nachos ever. No really, EVER.
28. Pedro and his boys.
29. Man’s Woman’s best friend- My dogs through the ages, from Panda, Koko to Apollo and now Kingston.
30. The Harriott Family – The brothers I never had.
31. Mag & Pag – My maternal grandmother and grandfather for unconditional love.
32. Teaneck High School – for introducing me to a wide variety of cultures, viewpoints and people.
33. Georgia State University
34. Pastor Jack
35. Douglas College at Rutgers University
36. 25 years of journaling
37. The Internet
38. Wireless everything
39. Savannah, Georgia
40. Women at Forty – the website, the project, and the amazing women I’ve been blessed to meet since the project began.
Here’s to the next 40 and a lifetime of things to be thankful for. If you’d like to share your 40 at 40 with Women at Forty, please email it to email@example.com.