Five fabulous finds we think you’ll like…
1. Diamonds might be a girl’s best friend, but at what cost? For years I’ve been troubled by “blood diamonds” and other precious gems mined at the expense of others’ lives and wellbeing. The company Brilliant Earth believes that luxury goods don’t have to come at great human or environmental cost. The company tracks their gems to ensure that they are mined, cut, and finished in a socially and ethically responsible manner. They also donate 5% of their profits to help communities who have suffered from unethical practices in the jewelry industry. Now that’s jewelry we can live with.
2. Love the good life, but live on a budget? The Frugal Bon Vivant is the perfect site for you. In her own words “The best things in life might not always be free, but they can usually be had at a bargain. The Frugal Bon Vivant serves up deals, coupon & promo codes, how-tos, and tips on enjoying the good life on a budget.” Now who wouldn’t like that?
3. Speaking of budget – Like to eat out, but living on a tight budget? Sign up at Restaurant.com to download certificates for thousands of great restaurants including some of your favorite local spots. Near the end of the month you can often get $25 certificates for as little as $2. Read the fine print carefully though, some restaurants require minimum purchases and the certificates can’t be applied to gratuity or alcohol.
4. In keeping with the budget theme… If you’re trying to get a handle on your finances, check out Mint.com, a free on-line money management software program. Rated “Best budgeting site” by Kiplinger’s Magazine, Mint.com automatically pulls together your bank, credit union and credit card data, and provides accurate views of your financial life, helping you outline your financial goals.
5. Need help reviewing products online and making purchasing decisions? Check out Epinions.com, where you can read reviews on millions of products ranging from computer and electronics to home and garden. Epinions even allows you to compare prices and store ratings.
Got something fab for ‘Five for Friday’? Email your info to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll feature it in an upcoming Five for Friday feature.