Now that I’m officially 40 I’m more determined than ever to “Do me.” But it’s not all deep, insightful stuff – some of it is just fun. This week’s Five for Friday all involve items that can help reflect your unique personality…
1. If you’ve got a lot to say, Zazzle can help you get your message across. Zazzle let’s you upload your own images to personalize t-shirts, aprons, mugs, posters and more. (Image: Women at Forty’s Team 40 shirts – coming soon!)
2. Customize your own chocolate bar – Chocri’ lets you create your own chocolate bar starting with a base of white, dark or milk chocolate. Then you’ve got a choice of more than 100 toppings to choose from, including almonds, pretzels and even jalapenos (yuck!) The bars are hand-made in Germany and shipped to the U.S.
3. Want to be a hero in your own motivational short film? Upload a photo onto DRAFTFCB’s video site and watch as your image inspires people the world over. It’s a little freaky the first time you watch, especially if you’re not expecting it – but it does wonders for the ego.
4. Personalize your pop! Personalized soda bottles are a great treat for your 40th birthday party. My Jones lets you choose from flavors like berry lemonade, green apple and vanilla bean, and then adds text and images of your choosing. A 3-pack sampler kit starts at just $3.99.
5. Design your own genuine Italian leather handbag – Laudi Vidni allows you to choose a design silhouette, fabric, color, lining and hardware. My dream bag was $375 – maybe I’ll treat myself to a fabulous 40th birthday gift!