Those of you who follow me on Facebook may have already seen this hilarious post by fellow blogger, Amy Wruble on The Huffington Post. While we like to wax poetic about the great things about turning 40, (wisdom, acceptance and self love for example) around here, there are often things like that hair in the middle of your cheek and joints that pop like breakfast cereal, that just kinda suck. Amy compiled a list she calls, 40 Effed Up Things About Being 40, and shared it with the HuffPo. Here are a few of my favorites from her list.
- Other than Teen Mom, I have no clue what’s on MTV
- If I strolled across a college campus, people would assume teacher, not student. (Upside: instant Ph.D!)
- Everything I wore in high school has been appropriated ironically by hipsters.
- I still think 21-year-old guys are hot. And they’re like, “Mom?”
- I say things like, “What’s the name of that actor, you know, he was in that thing?”
- Ages 31-39 are a total blur. I’m scared I’ll blink and be 200.
- One word: “Ma’am.”
To read Amy’s entire list, click here.
What would you add to this list? Share your thoughts in the comment section or on the Women at Forty Facebook page.
Image: Molly Ringwald – Pretty in Pink